i had them veging for a while on the floor under the 600w while our indoor/outdoor spring crop fills our hydro hut in 1 and 2 gallon pots the GT1's are the same round of clones used in the SOG. no reason for holding of so long other then i needed to build the table, buy the lumber -i had most of it cut at home depot. 2 weeks ago i took emptied the hydro hut exept for the lamp wich i unpluged, took the shell off and transpalted everything to 5 gallon pots. in the last 3-4 weeks ive had fungus gnats and i ordered go gnats by mistake i have allways ordered gnatrole with BTi and it works for the treated plants and soil but new soil and new plants could invit new gnats problems -my grandma in washingotn is haveing the same problems with her flower plants so im recomending gnatrol for her.
one thing i have done is mixed diatomceus earth 1tsp per gallon with the nutrient solution first shaken up in a water bottle pored onto and funnled from a slice of paper to mitigate the hazard of breathing in the DE, care should be take not to spill cause the dry area might have the powder that you could breath in but the soil wont cause the irrigation pushes the material further down into the media. its an experiment ive done, the DE contanes silicate wich is much like silica blast in my hopothasis and if shaken in the water bottle first should be fully desolved in the irrigation solution.
ive been takeing leafs first when they where palnted in the beds and at week 2 then at week 3 or 4 i cut the lower stuff that wasnt produceing what i liked. theirs still a bit to go and still some leafs that arnt all sugery to pick out- i was thinking about picking leafs out to mitigate powdery mildue but their all sugar leafs that filled in (mostly the larger maui and maui croses with tgu offspring)
thease plants exeeded my expectations and i got in their next to the table and raised the lamp a few inches cause it was just a hands length away from the maui crosses that i thought wouldnt be as tall as the kush but they are huge. its still to soon to see how big they will get, i have clones of them growign roots so they will go with the GDP and maui that i allready have in 16oz cups for a few weeks.
im going to work a new consept with the 30 gallon grow bags, allready ive cut the bottom out of 1 and layed it inside another i was filling 3/4 the way or 2/3 then filled then 2 combined bags so that its 45-50gallons measured 24inches tall and 24 inches in diamiter so its not really top heavy and the plants wich grow roots under the bags anyway after i had cut 4 added slits at ground leavel last season. they should do better during the hotter days and yeald more with the added root mass -im going to cut apart 5 gallon squat pots to lay the root mass and 3-4ft plants into thease may 10th. i know the 400w is not practicle like this but its all the 12 bitches are getin and i contemplated swaping the bulbs and balasts puting the 400MH on the SOG but i want the most out of that and really just want something from this spring crop -i dont expect much maby seting myself up so a suprise though i wish we had a 1000 water on them thats life. -the summer crop will be nursed under both 400mh and 600hps hanging from each side of the hydro hut's frame- hears thinking outside the shell
this bud crop is going 9 weeks, 7 week feed 2 week flush. our spring crop will be going outside when the temp and wether permit i was planing on buding them for 5 weeks or so indoors for a proper fruit set -outdoors the cold temp would cause a scrawny bud set, only enough to sustain reproduction to prolific growth. the indoor growth buding plants will turn purple and take longer to fill out or might not fill out as nicely with cold temps. i like mid to upper 40's as the low so anthyign in the 30's is not good. though i have time to imagin a way to make a cold frame for the 12 plants with our 4ml overwinter clear film, possably with PVC i could make a greenhouse but id need to pull design from my imagination -i think alot when i smoke and i smoke alot.
i thought up the sketches for the table and how the contaners would drain while is was smokeing, originally i had more plants per the larger beds but droped down to 3 rows of 8 and moved the smaller clones -all of wich where smaller maui's and reveging GDP's. i hadnt put flags for wich plants ar ewich because it was carefull to map out wich plants are where in the beds so when i cut i can lable the branches with tape or something.
these where taken befor i raised the lamp
~1/16tsp soluble root enhancer shaken in a wter bottle, ive taken the lit off and poken 3 holes close together from the inside out so its now a squeez bottle for our rooting media -this works the same with gnatrole in oasis and ive used both befor like this just not at the same time.
new clones i have are sour diesel from harborside health center -i desided i needed added sativa from maui -in addition to maui. they said chem dawg was the best sativa they had but i went with sour diesel, i bought a larger clone in 4 inch soil medium for 16 bucks transplated it at home after soaking in water to loosen all the soiless medium. 5 days later i had 2 clones and kept 4 nodes on the original wich is flowering now(1 of the the 2 gallon pots beside the SOG)
this one took longer to push roots but we never gave up
w/o the plastic cup
and finally ill show some fresh clones first true blue berry not directly from dj short and maby out crossed-not back crossed but polinated from a whole dif male plant ~who knows (the other 2 gallon pot flowering is tbb)
granddady crossed with a male tgu offspring i lable GT1 for now
and granddady purple -i pinched that lower node off after takeing this pic